Title: Loving Cara
Author: Kristen Proby
Released: Jan. 21st
CHEMISTRY WAS NEVER THIS SEXY IN HIGH SCHOOL.
In her sizzling new series, USA Today bestselling author Kristen Proby sets the stage for a passionate reunion under the breathtaking Montana sky.
Cara Donovan’s summer tutoring job is turning out to be a challenge—and not just because of her troubled twelve-year-old student. It’s his uncle Josh who’s the real problem. If problem is the word for an irresistibly cocky, muscle-bound rancher with a taste for tight Levi’s and shameless flirtation. . . .
Cara is nothing like the wallflower Josh King remembers good-naturedly teasing in high school. This Cara is gorgeous, confident, fun. From the moment the fiery teacher steps foot on his family’s Lazy K Ranch, the stubborn playboy is determined to corral her. So what happens when his luscious lover takes over the reins?
The first in a steamy trilogy, Kristen Proby’s enthralling novel is filled to the brim with one hardworking family’s triumphs and challenges, all the wild adventure of the modern West, and a whole lot of titillating fun.
Josh King is an expert at running his family’s multi-million dollar ranch in Montana. (And all that outside manual labor has done wonders for sculpting his six-foot-three body, too.) But as sure footed as he is when it comes to the ranch, Josh doesn’t know anything about how to deal with an adolescent boy—so when his twelve-year-old nephew, Seth, is dropped off on his doorstep, looking scared and acting surly as hell, Josh knows he needs help in straightening him out.
Cara Donovan loves her quiet life as a teacher in her sleepy hometown, so she jumps at the chance to make a little money over the summer as a tutor. But when she learns she’ll be teaching Josh King’s nephew, Cara’s sweet summer job gets a little bit hotter. Cara tries to focus all her attention on tutoring Seth, but Josh proves to be a delicious distraction, while Josh’s memories of the shy girl he once teased in high school are nothing like the beautiful woman he’s facing now. Can he persuade her that there’s more between them than a summer fling?
“If you can tell stories, create characters, devise incidents, and have sincerity and passion, it doesn’t matter a damn how you write.”– Somerset Maugham
And that my friends sum up Kristen Proby. Truthfully, she could create a story about a boy and his pet rock and I would be lining up to read it. Kristen’s sincerity and passion flow through each and every word that graces the pages of her novels. I was lucky enough to stumble upon her first series by complete accident. Powerful stories of love, friendship, personal struggles, and family have moved Kristen to the top of my must read authors list. When discussion of a new series came to light I made sure I had open real estate on my Kindle because lets face it…its Kristen Mother F’n Proby.
The Love Under the Big Sky Series brings us the family/friends dynamic you’ve come to love from Kristen. Not only has she given us an awe-inspiring love story but we are also treated to a cast of secondary characters that prove, within a mere 352 pages, they are worthy of more. Loving Cara may have you asking “Montgomery Who?” *ducks and runs for cover* Ok maybe you won’t forget our loving friends northwest of us because there are far too many hot men running around that state BUT will you definitely leave a little of your heart under the Montana sky.
Josh King! King is very fitting for this man. His undying devotion to family wins him a gold star, heck he gets the whole pack. Once is nephew makes an unexpected journey back to the Montana ranch, the King family steps up. Seth, as would any child, is troubled and fighting to find himself after being pushed aside by his own mother. Josh begins working with Seth and also supplies a little extra assistance with one Cara Donovan.
Cara is thrown back into Josh’s life and while Cara means business, Josh is looking at the once shy girl in a new light…a bright shining 100 watt bulb. Always the shy girl Cara is unsure of the new attention. Will Josh breakdown Cara’s walls? Only way to find out is to pick up this Proby treasure. Loving Cara is well worth the buy. Not only will you get Josh and Cara but for one low, low price you will get the whole Montana gang…Seth, Ty, Zack, Lauren, and Jillian included! Sounds like a late night infomercial. Right?! Don’t lie you watch them and maybe even have a set of knifes tucked in a drawer! So give into the guilty pleasure know as Kristen Proby. Loving Cara = blissful joy!
- First congratulations on your new series! I know all the “Proby Peeps” are excited for Loving Cara and the whole Love Under the Big Sky crew. You have gifted us with yet another gem. Where did the idea for this series come from?
Thank you so much! I’m excited about this new series too. I came up with the idea for a series based in Montana about fifteen years ago. I grew up in a small town in Montana very similar to the one I’ve created in Cunningham Falls. It felt natural to write about that setting and the colorful people who live there, although none of my characters are based on anyone real.
- How hard was it to make the transition form the big city to life under the Montana sky?
It wasn’t hard at all, actually, and I think that’s because of the many years I spent in Montana. It’s home for me.
- You are never lacking for HOT men and Josh King is one very HOT man. Where do you pull these guys from? Do you have a HOT guy pocket in your brain? A secret room of your home filled to the rim with HOT men? By the way…I will be over in 5!
Ha! I wish I had a Hot Guy Room! That sounds better than the red room of pain. 😉 I guess I just have an over-active imagination that has no trouble thinking about gorgeous men.
- Loving Cara has the strong family dynamic that we have all come to love from your With Me Series. Do you draw from your own family experiences?
Some, yes. I had a large, boisterous extended family growing up. My parents instilled the importance of family in me when I was very young.
- Thank you for writing strong female characters. Sometimes with all the alpha males running around the women get lost. You write women who have a voice, are funny, and relatable. Women you want as best friends. Are these women in your life?
Absolutely. I am surrounded by strong, funny, loving women. This describes the women in my family, and those that are my friends. It’s rarely boring around here!
- After reading Loving Cara I am over the moon about the men in this series! The next two books are going to be epic! Ty and Zack just make me happy! Can you let us in on what to expect form the next two books?
I love the men in this series too. Thank you! Ty is a tattooed guy who wears a business suit every day. He’s protective and sweet, and I can’t wait for you to read his story! Zack is beautifully damaged. He has his share of baggage, but along with that, he has a great sense of humor and love of family. They are both going to give their girls a run for their money!
- Do you think the Seattle family would ever take a trip to the Montana ranch for a family vacation? Maybe a small novella?? Maybe! Just Maybe! Plus just think of the funny American Girl store trip! You know the girls need cowgirl outfits before the head on over to the Big Sky! Priceless! *hint hint
LOL! That would be funny, but there are no plans to merge the two series at this time.
- Lastly, THANK YOU! Your words and have touched so many. I read over and over that the books are bringing people together. Creating friendships across state lines and even across countries. Loving Cara and the Big Sky Series will just be another in a long line of Proby excellence! Any last words about Loving Cara or the new series you would like to share?
I’m so grateful to all of my readers, whether they’ve been with me since the first book, or they’re brand new, just discovering me. THANK YOU, for reading and talking about the stories. I hope you enjoy the Love Under the Big Sky series. They are stories that are close to my heart, and I can’t wait for you all to make new friends and fall in love with them. And thank you, Pam and Cris, for hosting me! I love you girls! xo
Kristen is the author of the Amazon and USA Today bestselling With Me In Seattle series. She has a passion for a good love story and strong characters who love humor and have a strong sense of loyalty and family. Her men are the alpha type; fiercely protective and a bit bossy, and her ladies are fun, strong, and not afraid to stand up for themselves.
Kristen spends her days with her muse in the Pacific Northwest. She enjoys coffee, chocolate and sunshine. And naps.