Skylar Montague has learned that nothing good comes from trusting others…. especially men. After escaping an abusive relationship she attempts to start a new life in a new city. Living close to her childhood friend Chantal, she’s finally starting to feel at home. Men are the last thing on her mind, that is until she meets her smoldering bad boy neighbor Nathaniel Jackson. Her hesitation is huge, but the attraction is even greater. Nathaniel doesn’t do relationships, just can’t see himself as being a one woman man. His instant attraction to Skylar makes him think that he could change. Their connection is explosive. Nothing has ever felt this good. Being together with Nate, Skylar feels like she can finally trust a man. That is until they are presented with an unexpected surprise. Exes reemerge and with them a falling out neither saw coming. With all their past troubles and demons ready to emerge, can they escape the undeniable pull they have to each other, or will the dark past they both possess prove to be too difficult and keep them apart?
INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR:
We had the honor of chatting with Angel Steel and her writing and her upcoming book Sweet Temptations. Here is what she had to say
1. So Angel first I would like to say congratulations on your first book! So your dreams are coming true and people will be able to read your words. Can you give us a little insight as to why you wanted to write?
Thank you. Nice to meet you too, Pam. I started writing at a young age, anything that popped in my head, that sounded good me at the time I’d write it down, but it never came out the right way I wanted when I was youngJ. My mother told me when I was young that I had a great imagination, even now I think she would still say the same only that it’s a wicked imagination that I have now. I’ve always wanted to write, but over the years I never really got the change to do just that. I’ve always wanted to write and put my point of view out there. And now that I have done just that, I don’t see me giving it up any time soon.
2. What authors have influenced you and can you give us your top 5 books?
The author’s that have influenced me would be E.L. James, Melissa Schroeder, Jaymie Holland, Emma Holly, Cat Johnson and Bianca Sommerland. Love these author’s and how they write. As to my top 5 books which is really hard to pick,
1. The Dartmouth cobras’ series by Bianca Sommerland.
2. Fifty shades of grey trilogy by E.L. James
3. Gabriel’s inferno & rapture by Sylvain Reynard
4. Undeniable series by Madeline Sheehan
5. Stiletto’s INC series by Lexi Ryan
3. As you started Sweet Temptations did you know that you want write a series?
Not at first. It was only going to be 2 in this series, as I progressed in the story; I knew I had to add one more to the series. When I chose my main characters I wanted them to tell their own story, it was hard to decide which two main characters I wanted to start with. It took me a while to decide, and I fought back and forth between Nate and Skylar’s story and Dominic and Chantal’s. Although Chantal and Dominic met before Skylar moved, I wanted to tell her story first.
4. I adore Nate but I really wanted to throw my laptop when I read certain parts of this book. Is there a “Nate” in your life?
Lol. I nearly did the same when I wrote it. I wanted him to be like that, and many of my betas said they wanted to do the same. Yes, I very much have my own ‘Nate’ in my life, not completely like him; they might have the mood swing thing in common, lol. I met my “Nate’ 14 years ago, and wouldn’t change it for anything in this world, he’s my rock, my world, everything. There is nothing I would change in the last 14 years, besides I should have started writing earlier with this series, then I did. I want to thank him, for giving me 4 beautiful children that I treasure with my heart and soul, and also for the amazing 14 years that I have known and been with him, Love you, baby.
5. Skylar has been through some deep and very emotional events in her life. Without giving a lot away I have to ask with all the events that happened in her life why did you write her as such a sexual character?
Yes she has. I didn’t want her to become reclusive with what had happened to her, as most people would have done just that. I know someone that has gone through something similar to what Skylar has; I didn’t want her to close off to the world, I wanted her to have a back bone, be her own person and not let the events that happened in her past and present ruin her future. I didn’t want her to close herself away from the world, and wouldn’t let it run her life, she wants to get over the events and move forward although she did think about the events once or twice. She wanted someone to show her how to love and feel secure with everything and in herself.
6. I love the connection between Sky, Chantal and Craig. Did you draw from your own friendship to write theirs?
Yes I did. I had a relationship like those three when I was younger. We called ourselves the ‘Three stooges’ did everything together, like they have. I’ve lost contact with them over the years, but I didn’t my characters to do that. I have one very special friend now that has helped me write our friendship into this story.
7. How many books do you expect in this series and will Sky and Nate’s story in book two as I am guessing that Dominic will donate book two and beyond?
3 will be in this series. Nate and Skylar’s story continues in book 2 not as much as the first and the beginning of Dominic’s and Chantal’s story. And all will end in the third with the new characters. All characters have parts in each book.
8. Will Craig and Alex be getting their own book?
Unsure, at this point. I really want to concentrate on the three in the series first before I think about writing their story.
9. Do you think you will write the back story of Lucas and Skylar?
Yes I will, eventually, lol. I want everyone to read their story, so they understand more with what Skylar went through in her past relationship with Lucas.
10. Can you leave our readers with one sentence that will make them want to read this book?
This story is about multiple life situations that everyday people go through, such as drama, romance, really hot sex, Jand will capture your attention straight from the beginning right to the end, leaving you wanting to know more?
Once again thank you Angel and we at The Book Avenue wish you the best of luck with you book and every book to come!
Pam ~ The Book Avenue
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Look forward to your Books
This book sounds awesome…I cannot wait to read it!!!
Love the blog by the way…Love it!!!!
oh i want to read this book so bad!!