In the second book in the Love Under the Big Sky series from this USA TODAY bestselling author of the With Me in Seattle series, life in Montana gets spicy when a woman and her divorce lawyer sign off the papers—and sign on to love.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
“If you can tell stories, create characters, devise incidents, and have sincerity and passion, it doesn’t matter a damn how you write.”– Somerset Maugham
- First congratulations on your new series! I know all the “Proby Peeps” are excited for Loving Cara and the whole Love Under the Big Sky crew. You have gifted us with yet another gem. Where did the idea for this series come from?
- How hard was it to make the transition form the big city to life under the Montana sky?
- You are never lacking for HOT men and Josh King is one very HOT man. Where do you pull these guys from? Do you have a HOT guy pocket in your brain? A secret room of your home filled to the rim with HOT men? By the way…I will be over in 5!
- Loving Cara has the strong family dynamic that we have all come to love from your With Me Series. Do you draw from your own family experiences?
- Thank you for writing strong female characters. Sometimes with all the alpha males running around the women get lost. You write women who have a voice, are funny, and relatable. Women you want as best friends. Are these women in your life?
- After reading Loving Cara I am over the moon about the men in this series! The next two books are going to be epic! Ty and Zack just make me happy! Can you let us in on what to expect form the next two books?
- Do you think the Seattle family would ever take a trip to the Montana ranch for a family vacation? Maybe a small novella?? Maybe! Just Maybe! Plus just think of the funny American Girl store trip! You know the girls need cowgirl outfits before the head on over to the Big Sky! Priceless! *hint hint
- Lastly, THANK YOU! Your words and have touched so many. I read over and over that the books are bringing people together. Creating friendships across state lines and even across countries. Loving Cara and the Big Sky Series will just be another in a long line of Proby excellence! Any last words about Loving Cara or the new series you would like to share?
“What is this?”
Stacy’s hazel eyes meet mine as they fill with tears. “This is her fingerprint?” “Oh, what a lovely gift,” Luke’s mom sighs.
And my world stops.It’s a black and white photo of Sophie. She’s sitting up on a hardwood floor
I shake my head and look at the photo again and feel my own eyes fill. We’re
“I know, it’s soon, but the doctor confirmed it the other day.”
“Is this…?” I don’t even have to finish my question before she’s nodding
Cris: What have you got me doing now Pam???
Pam: Well you said you wanted to talk about Play With Me…
Cris: And we couldn’t do that at a coffee shop or while having wine back at my house?
Pam: Where the fun in that? Don’t you want to see Mr. Football God Will in action?
Cris: You got a point. Where are we sitting?
Pam: 50 yard line! Ummm where else!
As our tickets are taken we head to the concession stand for beer and snacks (can’t talk about the crazy Montgomery clan with kicking a few back)
Cris: *yelling over the crowd* Still think this is a good idea?
Pam: YES! So let’s recap…
“Will Montgomery is a successful professional football player and seemingly has it all. He’s not used to being told no, and certainly doesn’t take no for an answer. So when he turns his charms on his sister’s sexy rocker-chick friend Meg, he’s not only turned down, but met with open hostility, piquing his curiosity and libido. He’s determined to show her that he’s not the arrogant jock she thinks he is, and to get her into his bed.
Megan McBride is not impressed with Will Montgomery, his fat contract, fancy car, or his arrogant public persona. She doesn’t have time for a relationship, and if she’s learned anything in life, it’s that loving means losing, so she guards her heart ferociously. But she can’t deny the overwhelming attraction to the sexy, tattooed athlete, and when Will starts breaking down her defenses and grabs hold of her heart, will she be able to admit her feelings for him, or will her troubled past cause her to lose the first man she’s ever truly loved?” (synopsis)
Cris: What was your favorite part?
Pam: *jumps up screaming* TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!! Woot Woot!!!
Cris: Umm Pam…Favorite part?
Pam: Sorry! That’s hard because I truly loved it all! Kristen really came with her “A” game on this one! The story weaved all the characters together well. You got just enough of them but to the point that you were overwhelmed with secondary character storyline. Will and Meg really shine and such a great love story! If I had to pick…MINI VAN!! I think I read that part 5 times! Laughing so hard I cried! Here is one for you…How did you fell about Meg and Will? They both grew a lot in the story but with any love story there has to be growth. Right?
Cris: Ditto! I read that part so many times too! Intoxication really does something great sometimes. LOL. But talking about the characters, I found Meg and Will perfect for each other. One who is a bit afraid to show and invest her emotions while the other is so willing to prove that true and long lasting love does exist. I didn’t find it hard to love them both, they are playful, kinky and sexy and very realistic.
Cris: *looking at the field* you know this is a great game!
Cris: Ok back to the topic! Well I believe Kristen Proby once again proved that she can create well-developed characters and she doesn’t have any issues with realism at all. All of her characters even from the first book in the series are totally relatable, they have depths and the conflicts she has created have some real emotional resonance. Her characters gave the impression of a real human being, with complexities and contradictions behind what you see as a first impression.
Both: *hands in air and holding breath* GOAL!!!!!!! *high five*
Pam: See told ya this would be fun! I think that the character development in story line was awesome! I loved the push and pull with Will and Meg. It kept me wanting more! There was enough to keep you going! You know?
Cris: Yes, it’s not too complicated but it still gave us readers something to look forward to. Something that would really make you flip those pages to know what’s gonna happen next.
Pam: So…the sex?
Random people behind us: *give us the shifty eyes and a loud sigh* Umm ladies this is football not a book club!!
Pam: Dude what’s the problem? We are talking football just with a little more added in. *winks eye*
Cris: So back to sex… (what you thought about sex)
Pam: *fans face* Oh my SO HOT!! OMG!! The Shelby Mustang!!! That Kristen can sure write about sex! OMG and New Orleans!
Cris: *laughing* I know right! The girl can write sizzling, sensuous, steamy scenes! And I know it takes a lot of hard work to write those. Not that I am a pro or something. But I feel that if an author isn’t careful and creative enough, she can be caught up in cliché’s and euphemisms and both of which can really detach the readers from the story. But I never experienced that to any of Kristen’s story.
Pam: This game is getting good! *shouting and standing up* SEAHAWKS!!!!
Oh yes I rank Kristen up with my top favorite authors! She has an amazing writing style and the way she can combine so many characters and make you fall in love with each one! That’s talent with a capital T!
Cris: Looks like the SeaHawks are going to win! I guess that Mr. Hot Football God is reason enough to recommend the book but what else?
Pam: Look we made the fan camm! *waves and jumps up and down and makes Cris do the same* Why recommend the book…why not! Kristen’s fresh writing style makes the words flow and allows you to connect to each character. From book one of series I know I was a fan from go! I am a very happy girl that there are so many Montgomery’s to write about.
Cris: Well for me its plain and simple…I.ADORE.HER.BOOKS.AND.ALL.HER.MEN!
Pam: Well just as the SeaHawks did Kristen kicks some serious book butt!! 5 stars for me! What about you?
Cris: Hell yeah! 5 shining stars!
Game over and as we are walking out…
Pam: Should we make our way over and see if we can snag us a player? *elbows Cris*
Cris: *shakes head* Why would I say no when I know we will end up there anyway?
Pam: *winks and smiles with a Cheshire cat grin* Exactly!
Kristen Proby has made a living as a massage therapist, a medical biller, a registrar in an Emergency Room, and a professional photographer. But what feeds her soul is writing romantic, erotic love stories about strong women who don’t necessarily need saving, and gorgeous, alpha-type men who want to save them anyway.
Kristen lives in the amazing Pacific Northwest where, conveniently, her muse lives too.